Moviegoers got their first taste of "Seabiscuit" the movie this week with the debut in theaters of the preview promoting the coming summer's blockbuster.
Unlimited Value, who won the Cal Cup Sprint at Santa on Nov. 2, was euthanized this week after an unsuccessful attempt to save him following surgery for a broken right front pastern.
Got Koko mounted a furious late rally and cruised to victory in the $200,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Maddie's Charm successfully made a huge class jump Saturday at Golden Gate Fields when she splashed to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $60,650 Corte Madera Stakes.
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Man From Wicklow earns his first stakes victory as the W.L. McKnight Handicap highweight .
Trainer Milton Wolfson saddled two horses in the four-race Grand Slam II program at Calder Saturday, and both were winners after The Judge Sez Who won the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) for Sez Who Stable.
Coyote Lakes wins the marathon Gallant Fox Handicap for the third time in a row.
Trainer Milt Wolfson used the turf-to-dirt angle to his advantage when Stormy Frolic took to a fast track in winning Calder's $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap Saturday over 1 1/16 miles, the second stakes of the Grand Slam II event.
Four-year-old filly New Economy and local jockey Rosemary Homeister, Jr. teamed up at Calder to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on the turf Saturday, part of the Grand Slam II program.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile