Team Valor's Bella Bella Bella raced wide around both turns, then dueled with Tamarack Bay through the stretch to win Sunday's $105,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) by a neck. Later on the card, Mountain Rage closed from ninth-place to win the $75,000 Hill Rise Stakes on a firm turf course.
A New Twist upset 3-10 favorite Forest Heiress by 3 1/2 lengths Sunday in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on a showery day at Gulfstream Park. In her most recent start prior to the Old Hat, A New Twist finished second to Forest Heiress in the Valley Stream Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Godolphin's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) runner-up Sakhee heads a list of 56 horses nominated to the Maktoum Challenge Series, a three-race series of races which also serves as prep races for the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Aqueduct's stewards fined jockey Roberto Villafan $500 Sunday for misjudging the finish of Aqueduct's second race Saturday.
Nice Boots Baby remained undefeated in three career starts, winning Sunday's $76,945 Ruthless Stakes at Aqueduct by 2 1/2 lengths.
Sir Bear will begin his 9-year-old season in the $100,000 Skip Away Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday. Red Bullet has been assigned high weight of 118 pounds for the 1 1/16-mile Donn Handicap (gr. I) prep.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended