Sunday at Golden Gate Fields
At the top of the Santa Anita stretch Saturday's $200,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) looked like it would be decided by one of three 3-year-old fillies dueling for the lead. Then in mid-stretch, Affluent burst from the trailing pack to rush by the top three en route to winning the seven-furlong main track test by 1 1/2 lengths under Eddie Delahoussaye.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- 'Maria' Continues to Amaze in Rothschild Win
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Nancy Favreau Kathy Psoinos LLC and Tabor, Michael B.
Jockey: John R. Velazquez
Trainer: Richard A. Violette, Jr.
Owner: Evans, Ralph M. and WinStar Farm LLC
Jockey: Irad Ortiz, Jr.