Sunday at Turfway Park
Edward Evans' homebred Summer Colony earned her fifth consecutive win Saturday, leading all the way en route to a neck-length win over Stop for Schnapps in the $111,100 Ladies Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Eibar Coa rode winners in both $100,000 features at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Fan Club's Mister returned from a three-month layoff to win the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap at Fair Grounds Saturday. Under Craig Perret, Fan's Club Mister completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.09 on firm turf.
By John W. Russell -- Too many medication cases in California have been overturned or dismissed after months of contentious hearings. Stewards and the Racing Board have claimed they are bound by the inflexibility of the absolute insurer rule. But that will change.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Older horses have more opportunities to win a grade I race on turf than they do on dirt in the U.S.
One jockey was killed and two others were injured Saturday when a horse stumbled coming down the stretch at Beulah Park. Arnold Ruiz, 33, of Arlington Heights, Ill., fell with Winds of Sonora and was run over by the two horses behind him, track steward Joe DeLuca said. Ruiz was pronounced dead of head injuries at Grant Hospital.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago