Sunday at Turfway Park
Edward Evans' homebred Summer Colony earned her fifth consecutive win Saturday, leading all the way en route to a neck-length win over Stop for Schnapps in the $111,100 Ladies Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Eibar Coa rode winners in both $100,000 features at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Fan Club's Mister returned from a three-month layoff to win the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap at Fair Grounds Saturday. Under Craig Perret, Fan's Club Mister completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.09 on firm turf.
By John W. Russell -- Too many medication cases in California have been overturned or dismissed after months of contentious hearings. Stewards and the Racing Board have claimed they are bound by the inflexibility of the absolute insurer rule. But that will change.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Older horses have more opportunities to win a grade I race on turf than they do on dirt in the U.S.
One jockey was killed and two others were injured Saturday when a horse stumbled coming down the stretch at Beulah Park. Arnold Ruiz, 33, of Arlington Heights, Ill., fell with Winds of Sonora and was run over by the two horses behind him, track steward Joe DeLuca said. Ruiz was pronounced dead of head injuries at Grant Hospital.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate