The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Habibti edged 4-5 favorite You in the $358,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes to earn her second career grade I victory in Hollywood Park's Sunday feature race.
Recently retired $1-million earner Manndar is making a speedy recovery from ankle fusion surgery performed on the 5-year-old son of Doyoun in November.
Friday at Fair Grounds
Apprentice jockey Nelson Arroyo was taken to North Shore Hospital after falling to the track during the fourth race at Aqueduct Sunday. Arroyo's brother, Norberto Arroyo Jr., was injured in a spill at the New York track last Saturday.
Japan-based horses Agnes Digital, Eishin Preston, and Stay Gold swept the three group I races on Sha Tin RaceCourse's Hong Kong International Day card Sunday.
In the week leading up to the Hong Kong International Races, the buzz during morning track works at the Sha Tin Racecourse was that Japan would have a very good day on Sunday. No kidding. Four races were run. Three times, the Japanese national anthem followed the winning ceremony, capped by the victory of Agnes Digital in the HK$18 million Hong Kong Cup.
World Racing Championships chairman James E "Ted" Bassett III announced Saturday that the series will undertake Phase II that includes the addition of the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup and the Singapore Airlines International Cup to the championships in 2002.
Edward McGrath, who insured horses and other items through his E. J. McGrath Insurance Company, died Dec. 15 in Louisville.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration