The West Virginia Lottery Commission granted 500 more slot machines to Penn National Gaming, which will install the machines at Charles Town Races.
Keeneland's second online auction of yearlings will offer 95 horses, or 27% more than the first online session Sept. 16. The online sale is for horses that didn't bring their reserve prices during the ongoing live auction.
Trainer Neil Drysdale told callers on a national media teleconference Tuesday that Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus was a "strong possibility" for Saturday's one-mile Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
The National Jockey Club, which last year converted Sportsman's Park to a dual purpose horse racing-automobile racing track, planned to announce Tuesday a two-year, multi-million dollar improvement plan.
Guttural pouch empyema involves pus in the guttural pouches, which usually results from upper respiratory tract infection. It also can develop as a complication of guttural pouch diseases, local treatment with irritating drugs, or birth defects.
The driving idea behind pin firing is that it makes chronic inflammations acute and allows them to heal.
By P. Headley Bell -- This is not the '80s, no matter how scary it feels.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai has been a major market influence since his first purchase at a North American yearling sale 20 years ago.
Depending upon the weather and the colt's condition following a workout Sunday, Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus could return to competition Saturday in the Jerome Handicap (gr. I), a one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green