The West Virginia Lottery Commission granted 500 more slot machines to Penn National Gaming, which will install the machines at Charles Town Races.
Keeneland's second online auction of yearlings will offer 95 horses, or 27% more than the first online session Sept. 16. The online sale is for horses that didn't bring their reserve prices during the ongoing live auction.
Trainer Neil Drysdale told callers on a national media teleconference Tuesday that Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus was a "strong possibility" for Saturday's one-mile Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
The National Jockey Club, which last year converted Sportsman's Park to a dual purpose horse racing-automobile racing track, planned to announce Tuesday a two-year, multi-million dollar improvement plan.
Guttural pouch empyema involves pus in the guttural pouches, which usually results from upper respiratory tract infection. It also can develop as a complication of guttural pouch diseases, local treatment with irritating drugs, or birth defects.
The driving idea behind pin firing is that it makes chronic inflammations acute and allows them to heal.
By P. Headley Bell -- This is not the '80s, no matter how scary it feels.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai has been a major market influence since his first purchase at a North American yearling sale 20 years ago.
Depending upon the weather and the colt's condition following a workout Sunday, Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus could return to competition Saturday in the Jerome Handicap (gr. I), a one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star