The Ocala Breeders' Sales Comapny has agreed to purchase the Ocala Jai-Alai fronton for $2.5 million.
With the blessing of Gov. Parris Glendening and the state General Assembly, the Maryland Jockey Club raised the pari-mutuel takeout on races at Laurel Park, effective July 1.
Elmer and Harriet Heubeck, longtime Florida owners, breeders, and farm managers, have sold the remaining 150 acres of the original Quail Roost Farm in Reddick, Fla.
The hard-luck year for Silverbulletday continued Tuesday.
English-bred Dark Moondancer tracked Sunshine Street through moderate early fractions before rallying through the stretch to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 American Handicap.
Forego Loses Suburban
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale