A change in post times to 5:00 p.m. (ET) for Friday through Monday has had a negative effect on River Downs.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation has placed the California track on its list of "America's Most Endangered Historic Places."
French Derby winner Holding Court and Vodafone Epsom Derby winner Sinndar are in line for a $1-million bonus should either emerge victorious in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby at the Curragh Racecourse.
Hall of Fame trainer Lucien Laurin died Sunday night at Miami Baptist Hospital.
John R. Gaines announced Monday he has sold his bloodstock company, John R. Gaines Thoroughbreds.
Lady Winborne was euthanized on June 24 because of the infirmities of old age.
Five prominent Central Kentucky Thoroughbred breeding farms and sale agencies plan to implement a year-round Internet horse auction company.
Desormeaux' Career Debut; First Queen's Plate
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection