Stonerside Stable has purchased Prix d'Aumale (Fr-III) winner Green Minstrel. The 2-year-old filly will be shipped in early November to the United States, where she will be trained by Neil Drysdale.
According to current weather forecasts for Louisville on Saturday, the weather for this year's Breeders' Cup races at Churchill Downs should be excellent for racing.
Stronach Stables' 2-year-old Light The Fuse filly underwent surgery on her right hind leg this morning at Rood and Riddle Clinic in Lexington, Ky. Lemon Drop Kid, Aly's Alley, Crimplene, Fantastic Light, and Muhtathir each worked toward their respective races.
Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm has purchased a half-interest in Riboletta's 6-year-old half-sister, Perfect Valley.
By Steve Haskin -- So, now we have post positions. Who escaped unscathed, who got lucky, and who fell victim to those agonizing little pills? Of course, post positions often wind up having little effect on a horse's performance, but they do have a tendency to alter the running of a race and change strategy.
continued from part 1
Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus was installed the 8-5 morning line favorite for Saturday's $4,770,000 Breeders' Cup Classic when post positions were drawn Wednesday. Trained by Neil Drysdale, Fusaichi Pegasus will start from the 9 post under jockey Kent Desormeaux.
- By Jim Cullen
The principle owners of "Instant Racing" are ready to aggressively market their product to racetracks in other states and countries now that a deadline that challenged the legality of the game in Arkansas has passed.
- By Tom LaMarra
A plan is in the works to link various state-bred championship days in a National Thoroughbred Racing Association promotional campaign, but the idea for a "Challenge Cup" tied to the Breeders' Cup could be a harder sell.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal