John Franks' In Neon, who was named 1998 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year, died on Oct. 21 from colic.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday changes that will be implemented for Eclipse Award voting, effective with voting for this year's champions.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas won't saddle one of the favorites in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Churchill Downs on Nov. 4, but he likes the chances of two of his colts after they worked five furlongs over the Louisville track on Monday.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus turned in his long- awaited first breeze since his return to Churchill Downs a week ago and Riboletta sparkled in her workout Monday.
Arlington International, Chicago's premier racetrack, is reverting to the name it had before the facility was destroyed by fire in the 1980s. Along with the new name, Arlington is sporting a new logo.
- By Tom Precious
Add New York State's chief fiscal watchdog to the list of government agencies now poring over the books of the embattled New York Racing Association.
- By Tom LaMarra
On the heels of California Gov. Gray Davis' rejection of account wagering, the TV Games Network is poised to make modifications in its ambitious daily programming schedule.
John's Call, the 9-year-old gelding who's become a fan favorite, will be supplemented to the Breeders' Cup Turf on Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs, says his trainer Tom Voss.
Officials will be at Churchill Downs for the Breeders' Cup to take applications from owners.
Owner Joe McDermott said he's in the process of finding homes for seven stallions that stood at the Houston-area farm in 2000.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- The Week in Photos 6/27/2017
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6