A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options