A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis