A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx