A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride