A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014