A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Champion Untapable Formidable in Ogden Phipps
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- Acorn Stakes Field Deep and Wide
- Ian Highet New Equibase Company Chairman
- NBC, NYRA Extend Belmont Stakes Contract