A groom for Val's Prince says he was entitled to a bonus from trainer James Picou after the gelding won the Hong Kong International in 1997.
Express Tour, trained by Marty Wolfson, won the divsion of the Florida Stallion Stakes named for Affirmed, the colt who won the Triple Crown for the trainer's father 22 years ago.
In a conference call with attorneys Monday, Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court Judge Patti Englander Henning ruled that multiple stakes winning gelding Val's Prince has been the property of Robin Martin since February 1997.
Architectural firm outlines changes to South Florida racetrack, including addition of another turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Two Paths Toward Integrity