Trainer Bob Baffert is on hand in London to collect the 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse prize on behalf of Juddmonte Farms.
In advance of the Longines World’s Best Racehorse Rankings Jan. 24 in London, BloodHorse’s European correspondent Julian Muscat was able to sit down with Teddy Grimthorpe, Juddmonte Farms’ racing manager in Europe.
"There's a lot for them to consider, but when it comes to racing, the horse's fitness will not be a problem. It is much more down to the way the horse feels." -- Rae Guest on California Chrome.
Cirrus Des Aigles is the star turn in the £1.3 million Qipco Champion Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 18, when the 8-year-old contests Britain's richest race for the fourth straight year.
Silk Sari bids to resume her remarkable rise through the ranks when she turns out for the Ã‚Â£607,500 Qipco British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 19.
The sole sophomore classic winner on show at British Champions Day Oct. 18 at Ascot attempts to regain the winning thread for the first time since he won the Qipco Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 3.
The 19th renewal of the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 29 comes with a noticeable absence: There is no United States-based runner in the race previously won by American-trained horses nine times in 18 editions.
In the absence of an American runner in the March 29 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), U.S. racing fans can certainly unite behind Ron the Greek in the world's richest horse race.
The Coolmore stallion has already posted some astonishing figures but he will have few weekends like the one he enjoyed on the biggest stage in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes