Installed as the 8-5 morning line favorite, Dynever, owned by Catherine Wills and Peter Karches will face a field of seven in Friday's $500,000 Meadowlands Breeders' Cup (gr. II).
John Gunther's homebred Bending Strings will top a field of seven in Saturday's Safely Kept Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico. Trained by Kiaran McLaughlin, the 122-pound starting highweight will break from post seven.
Mare Haven Farm near Lexington will now be known as CASA Farms under the new ownership of Florida residents Clint and Susan Atkins.
Harness Tracks of America will hold its 27th annual equine art auction Friday, Oct. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 9 at Tattersalls sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky.
Claiborne Farm's homebred Stroll tops a field of five for the 19th running of the $200,000 Belmont Breeders' Cup (gr. II), one of three stakes set for the track's "Super Saturday" card.
Emerald Downs is experiencing a boost in daily purses and an extension of its 2005 racing season because of a $1.69-million investment by the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, which owns the land beneath the Auburn, Wash., racetrack and operates a nearby casino.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License