"We are delighted that John is willing to continue his commitment to TOC and to Thoroughbred racing in California," said TOC Chairman Jack Owens. "We are fortunate to have a person with John Van de Kamp's dedication to our sport and tremendous credibility and stature both inside and outside the racing community.
"Under John's leadership we have secured tax relief for the industry, approval of account wagering, ADW contracts with Magna and YouBet that are a breakthrough for owners and a strong leadership voice in California Thoroughbred racing for our owners. When you have a successful coach or manager, you recognize his value and sign him up for the long haul."
Van de Kamp formerly served as California's attorney general and as district attorney of Los Angeles County. He has a long and distinguished career in both the public and private sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident