Blood-Horse Publications Wins AHP Awards
Blood-Horse Publications received a number of awards June 2 at the American Horse Publications (AHP) Annual Awards Program held in Williamsburg, Va. Included in the awards are top honors for Keeneland magazine, which was named winner in two categories: General Excellence, Overall Publication and Self-Supported Magazine, Circulation 15,000 and Over.
Sixty-two American Horse Publications members were named finalists in the 2012 AHP Annual Awards Contest for material published in and dated 2011. Participation in this year's contest represented 90 AHP members and 686 entries. Held since 1974, the AHP Annual Awards Contest provides members with an opportunity to be recognized for excellence in equine publishing as well as professional critiques for improvement.
Blood-Horse Publications and staff received the following honors:
• Winner, Overall Publication: Keeneland magazine; Jackie Duke, Editor; Marla Bickel, Publisher; Brian Turner, Art Director.
• Winner, Self-Supported Magazine, Circulation 15,000 and over (11 entries): Keeneland magazine; Jackie Duke, Editor; Marla Bickel, Publisher; Brian Turner, Art Director.
• Editorial Human-Animal Bond Photograph (13 entries): The Blood-Horse, "Field Play," by Anne M. Eberhardt
• Online Editorial Event Coverage, Single Article (4 entries): BloodHorse.com, "2011 Breeders' Cup" by The Blood-Horse Editorial and Digital Media.
• Online Equine-Related Editorial, Multimedia Series (4 entries): TheHorse.com, "EHV-1 Multimedia Package," by Erica Larson; Stacey Oke, DVM; Stephanie L. Church; Lutz S. Goehring, MS, PhD, dipl. ACVIM; presented by Christy West; D. Craig Barnett, DVM; Paul S. Morley, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM; D. Paul Lunn, BVSc, PhD, MRCVS, Dipl. ACVIM.
• Online Equine-Related Blog (12 entries): TheHorse.com, "Smart Horse Keeping" by Alayne Blickle; edited by Christy West and Erica Larson.
• Online Editorial Event Coverage, Single Article (4 entries): BloodHorse.com, “KY Meeting Shows Deep Divide Over Salix Use," by Tom LaMarra
• Personality Profile, Single Article, Circulation over 20,000 (22 entries): The Blood-Horse, "Smooth Rider," by Jason Shandler.
• Personal Single Column, Circulation 20,000 and over (14 entries): The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care, "Cost Drives Care," by Christy Corp-Minamiji, DVM; edited by Alexandra Beckstett and Stephanie L. Church.
• Editorial Opinion Single Column (22 entries): The Blood-Horse, "Scapegoat," by Lenny Shulman.
• Editorial Action Photograph (23 entries): The Blood-Horse, "Star Power," by Anne M. Eberhardt.
• Online Multimedia Editorial Event Coverage (10 entries): BloodHorse.com, "2011 Breeders' Cup," by The Blood-Horse Editorial and Digital Media.
• Online Equine-Related Newsletter (9 entries): University of Kentucky Ag Equine Program's "Bluegrass Equine Digest," edited by Jenny Blandford and Holly Wiemers of UK and Alexandra Beckstett of The Horse.
• Equine-Related Special Issue Publication (7 entries): Blood-Horse Publications, "Breeders' Cup World Championships," by Jackie Duke and staff of The Blood-Horse.
• Online Equine-Related Blog (12 entries): The Blood-Horse, "Through the Lens," by Anne M. Eberhardt.
Copyright © 2015 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.