According to the Henderson Gleaner, three men wearing bandannas stepped behind the clerk’s counter in the track’s Sky Theatre restaurant shortly after 6 p.m. Track owner Ron Geary said one man brandished a pistol as they attempted to take two money bags.
One of the clerks knocked the gun to the floor while attempting to grab one of the bags, the newspaper reported, and the clerks called for help and then struggled with the robbers. The men ran from the restaurant, dropping the bags as they left.
Geary reported the clerk who dislodged the gun had minor scrapes and bruises, but there were no other injuries in connection with the incident.
Although Geary said no money was taken, the Gleaner reported the sheriff’s department, which is investigating the case and looking for the suspects, said an undisclosed amount was missing.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory