Bidding will close Aug. 6 at 9 p.m., EST. The auction can be accessed from the eBay front page through the account number 310070700382 or by typing in “Dining with the Dynasties.”
Day and Bailey are the world’s two all time leading riders in purses won with a total of nearly $600 million. The two also rank first and second in Breeders Cup World Championship races with 12 and 15 victories, respectively, with nine coming in the Breeders Cup Classic (gr. I). The two have won 15 Triple Crowns races.
Earlie Fires, inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2001, still rides regularly at Arlington Park, where at 61 he is the track’s all-time leading rider. In a 33-year career, he has amassed over 5,400 victories. He has announced his retirement at the end of the current Arlington Park season. The three riders have won a total of over 20,000 races.
Day and Fires will also autograph photos at the track from 4-5 p.m. on the same day to also benefit the Illinois RTCA and the Disabled Jockeys Fund. Bailey may also be available to provide autographs.
For more information contact RTCA executive director, Dr. Enrique Torres, or development director Ed Donnally at 310-419-1687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita