The 12-year-old stallion, who is a multiple grade II-winner and grade I-placed sprinter in the U.S., broke Distorted Humor 's 7-furlong track record at Churchill Downs, then later was rated the second highest-weighted sprinter world-wide for colts of 1996.
"(He) has been sold to continue his stallion career at the newly established M'Drak Stud Farm in Vietnam,” said Lindsay Park of his former stallion location.
Kentucky-bred Alannan in 2001 won both the Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) and the Lane's End Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II). He stood at Lindsay Park in 2007 for $8,250.
Stakes-winning stallion Lions Gate (Danehill-Kensington Gardens, by Grosvenor) will also relocate from Lindsay Park to M'Drak Stud, Park said.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%