Nominations close May 30 for Del Mar's two premier stakes for 2-year-olds -- the Del Mar Debutante for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity for all juveniles. Both are grade I events.
The Debutante will be renewed Sept. 1, the Futurity on Sept. 3.
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com/horsemen. The forms can be filled out and sent by FAX to the Del Mar racing office at (858) 794-1049, or nominations can be e-mailed directly to Del Mar at email@example.com.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
Last year Gerson Racing and Charleville Stables' Set Play captured the Debutante, while George Schwary's Georgie Boy won the Futurity.
Del Mar's 43-day season runs from July 16 to Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses