Delaware Park announced May 21 that John Mooney has been named executive director of racing. In that position, Mooney will oversee the track's racing office, as well as its track and backside maintenance operations.
“The hiring of John Mooney further exemplifies Delaware Park’s commitment to racing,” said Bill Fasy, chief operating officer for Delaware Park. “We are confident that John’s knowledge of the racing industry as well as his expertise in relationship building will further enrich Delaware Park’s reputation as one of the foremost racing venues on the East coast.”
Mooney has served as the general manager of Delaware Park, the COO of the Maryland Jockey Club as well as the president of the Virginia/Maryland racing circuit.
Located near Wilmington, Delaware Park is also home to more than 3,000 slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code