Macrovision Corp. announced May 2 that it has completed its acquisition of Gemstar-TV Guide, the parent company of the TVG horse racing network.
Macrovision has said it intends to explore a sale of some Gemstar assets after the $2.8 billion deal closed, including TVG, and the TV Guide print magazine
Shares of the resulting company, Macrovision Solutions Corp., will begin trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on May 5. The common stock for Macrovision and Gemstar-TV Guide will cease to be traded and will no longer be quoted on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
In accordance with the transaction, on an outstanding shares basis, former Macrovision stockholders now own approximately 53% and former Gemstar-TV Guide stockholders own approximately 47% of Macrovision Solutions Corporation.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses