(from HRTV release)
HorseRacing TV will add two prominent racetracks to its programming schedule when Belmont and Arlington parks begin their annual spring/summer meetings this week.
Racing in the New York metropolitan area moves to Belmont Park April 30, with first post slated for 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT, while Illinois' premier Thorougbred facility, Arlington Park, launches its meeting on May 2, with post time at 1:20 p.m. CT/11:20 p.m. PT.
This will mark the first time HRTV has shown racing from Belmont Park, and the initial time it has aired the entire meeting from Arlington Park.
The 59-day Belmont session runs 29 graded stakes, including 11 grade I events. The highlight of the meeting is the prestigious Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the third jewel in racing's Triple Crown, on June 7. Racing action is conducted five days a week, primarily on a Wednesday-Sunday schedule, with the main exception being Memorial Day May 26.
Arlington Park's meeting runs through Sept. 21. The prestigious Arlington Million (gr. IT) is the signature race of the 96-day meeting, and will be contested on Aug. 9. Arlington will offer live action four days a week (Thursday-Sunday) through the early portion of the meeting, but it will expand to five days (Wednesday-Sunday), beginning on June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail