Court Vision, the 2007 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) winner, worked five furlongs in 1:00 4/5, with a stablemate. Staring two lengths behind the workmate, the son of Gulch turned in fractional splits of :13, :25 3/5, :34 3/5, and :48 4/5 while galloping out six furlongs in 1:14. Finishing five lengths of front of the other horse, the colt got the final quarter mile in :23 1/5. Owned by IEAH Stables and WinStar Farm, Court Vision has finished third in both the Wood Memorial (gr. I) and Fountain of Youth (gr. II) this year. He has won half of his six starts and earned $367,542.
Also on the track for Mott was Z Humor, the son of Distorted Humor who worked five furlongs in 1:01 1/5. Working in company, the colt had splits of :25 2/5, :37 1/5, and :49 1/5 while galloping out six furlongs in 1:14 4/5. Racing for Zayat Stabes, Z Humor has won two of his eight career starts, including the Delta Jackpot (gr. III), and earned $621,450.
“We actually worked a day or two earlier than we wanted to because of the forecast,” Mott said. “I didn’t want to get in a situation where we worked over a bad racetrack and we had a good racetrack this morning.”
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury