(from Churchill Downs release)
The team that won the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with Street Sense will reunite at Churchill Downs, the scene of their stirring victory, for a special book signing April 27.
Trainer and 2008 Thoroughbred racing Hall of Fame inductee Carl Nafzger, jockey Calvin Borel, and owner/breeder James Tafel will join author John Asher of Churchill Downs to autograph a special collectors’ edition of Kentucky Derby, the official Kentucky Derby coffee table book, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (EDT).
Published by Moonlight Press, Kentucky Derby is limited to just 250 total copies. Sunday’s book signing is the first of only two opportunities to purchase the beautifully bound volume. After Sunday’s signing at Churchill Downs, the remaining copies in this limited run will be available for purchase exclusively through www.secretariat.com.
The book is accompanied by an official DVD of the dramatic victory by Street Sense in Kentucky Derby 133, available to the public only through the purchase of Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta