The Claiborne Farm Stallion Memorabilia Auction to benefit the Secretariat Foundation began on eBay March 20 and will run through March 30.
Bidders will have the opportunity to purchase authentic racing artifacts of 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat, Kentucky Derby winners Unbridled and Monarchos , prominent sires Pulpitand Coronado’s Quest, and one of Secretariat’s few surviving sons, Academy Award. The auction will also feature memorabilia from sire Mr. Prospector.
“Claiborne Farm is proud of its place in racing history, and we are pleased that the shoes and other pieces collected from these champions over the years can now benefit the charities supported by the Secretariat Foundation,” said Dell Hancock, co-owner of Claiborne Farm.
Penny Chenery, Secretariat's owner and creator of the foundation, joined Claiborne Farm in support of the benefit auction.
“We are so grateful to those who preserved these memories and provided us this remarkable opportunity to offer such incredible pieces in a way that honors the horses who wore them,” said Chenery.
More information and detailed descriptions of the auction pieces
Most Popular Stories
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones