The mutuel field entry, or "all others" is right behind the two individual choices at 5-1.
There was a slight push for Winchell Thoroughbreds' Pyro after the colt won of the Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds earlier in the day. The Steve Asmussen trainee started the day at odds of 6-1. The son of Pulpit also won the Risen Star (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Robert LaPenta’s unbeaten War Pass, a son of Cherokee Run trained by two-time Kentucky Derby winner Nick Zito, has seen his odds float slightly since opening at 5-2 following the first day of wagering.
Bettors wagered $101,583 March 8 to push the three-day total to $173,275. Betting on Pool 2 is scheduled to resume at noon (all times Eastern) on March 9. The pool will close at 6 p.m. Winning payouts will be based on the odds in place at the conclusion of wagering.
Other horses that attracted strong support after three days of Pool 2 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager included Southwest (gr. III) Denis of Cork (11-1), Sham (GIII) runner-up El Gato Malo (12-1), Remsen (gr. II) winner Court Vision (17-1) and Sham (gr. III) winner Colonel John (18-1). Visionaire, winner of the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct March 8, stands at 36-1.
The third and final pool of the 2008 Kentucky Derby Future Wager is scheduled for April 3-6. For real time odds on all 24 entries, go to www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/future-wager/odds.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes