LaCroix was fined after the Ken Maddy equine testing facility at the University of California-Davis reported that blood and urine samples taken from a horse in his care, Happyhour Atthebrig, exceeded the regulatory threshold for clenbuterol, a Class III violation. Happyhour Atthebrig finished second in the fourth race at Hollywood Park on Dec. 1.
The Maddy Lab also reported that Conlon's horse, Tommys Luck, exceeded the allowable limits for clenbuterol in blood and urine samples after winning the sixth race at Hollywood Park on Nov. 21.
The stewards disqualified Happyhour Atthebrig and Tommys Luck and ordered redistribution of the purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog