This is another area where the wealth of the HKJC comes into play, with testing being an expensive proposition. The HKJC owns its own lab and employs five chemists. As Stewart said, “The Club has the money to provide the level of control” it wishes to exercise. As the Breeders’ Cup expands again with three more stakes, it is interesting to hear horsemen around the world consider Americans the most permissive users of medications. The continued absence of U.S.-based horses from the Hong Kong International Races speaks volumes about that.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay