Beginning Dec. 4, Churchill Downs will contract with Brantley Security Services for hourly security officers, according to a news release. Brantley has provided staffing for a number of seasonal jobs at the Louisville racetrack, including ushers and parking attendants, for more than a decade.
The four members of the racetrack’s full-time, salaried security staff will remain with the company under the oversight of director of security Charles Stallworth.
Churchill Downs will continue to contract with off-duty Louisville Metro Police officers to provide security at Churchill Downs and Trackside Louisville, a training facility located on Poplar Level Road that also serves as an off-track betting facility on Kentucky Oaks and Derby Days.
Employees affected by the reorganization have been offered severance packages and outplacement assistance and will have the opportunity to apply for jobs with Brantley, the release said.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture