Three-time grade I winner Balance has been retired and will be sent to Mill Ridge Farm in Kentucky, trainer David Hofmans said Nov. 1.
The 4-year-old filly, owned by John and Jerry Amerman, finished sixth in the Emirates Airline Breeders’ Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27. The Kentucky-bred Balance is by 1995 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Thunder Gulch , out of Vertigineux, by Kris S.
"She’ll go to Mill Ridge, but we have no studs lined up yet,” Hofmans said.
Balance won the Las Virgenes (gr. I) and Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) as a 3-year-old. The bay came back this season to win the Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) and La Canada Stakes (gr. II), also at Santa Anita. She retires with a 6-2-5 record from 16 starts and earnings of $1,048,491.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap