The 3-year-old colt will stand as the property of Shyman Farms, which raced him with trainer Martin Drexler. Out of the grade I-winning Carson City mare City Band, Weather Warning was bred in Kentucky by Overbrook Farm.
Weather Warning won the Manitoba Lotteries Derby Aug. 6, and in his last start, finished seventh in the Aug. 25 Canadian Derby. He nearly won the Hansel Stakes in March, running third but beaten only a head. He retired with three wins in 11 starts and earnings of $128,687
"We are very excited to acquire a young stallion of this caliber, and we appreciate Stuart Hyman's confidence in our program" commented Windfields director of farm operations Simon Cassidy. "He is the whole picture—a stakes winner with exceptional early speed, standing about 16.1, and a very correct physical type with plenty of bone and a lovely hip."
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident