TrackNet will also manage the purchase of third-party racing content that Oaklawn Park offers as part of its simulcast program at the track.
“Oaklawn Park offers some of the most popular and competitive winter racing in the United States, with a fantastic stakes program that includes key Triple Crown prep races,” said TrackNet chief executive officer Scott Daruty in a news release. “Oaklawn Park’s racing program is a favorite among horsemen and horseplayers, and we are excited to add Oaklawn races to TrackNet’s content line-up.”
Oaklawn Park general manager Eric Jackson said in the release that TrackNet’s commitment in seeking fair compensation for the horsemen and racetracks that create horse racing content was one of the key reasons to utilize TrackNet as a simulcast sales and purchasing agent.
“Oaklawn Park chose to work with TrackNet because we know how much the growth of simulcasting and account wagering has changed the economics of the horse racing industry,” Jackson said. “We share TrackNet’s view that horse racing content should be distributed on a broad, non-exclusive basis to responsible, regulated wagering outlets that comply with wagering integrity and compliance standards."
With the addition of Oaklawn Park, TrackNet now manages the simulcast sales and purchasing for 20 North American racetracks, including Arlington Park, Calder Race Course, Churchill Downs, Fair Grounds Race Course, Golden Gate Fields, Gulfstream Park, Pimilco Race Course, and Santa Anita Park, among others.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts