A 4-year-old by Devon Lane who won all five starts this year including the grade I Princess Rooney Handicap and Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) in her last start Aug. 17, River's Prayer injured a sesamoid. She was being pointed to the new Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Monmouth Park Oct. 26.
Owned by Bantry Farms, Paula Capestro, and Martin Racing Stable, River's Prayer finished her career with nine wins, eight of them stakes, in 16 starts, and earnings of $921,958. Capestro also trains the filly. She bought her privately after she was bought back for $180,000 at the 2005 Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training. She was originally sold as a yearling at the 2004 Barretts October sale for $15,000.
Bred in California by Vessels Stallion Farm, River's Prayer is out of the Cozzene mare Cozzy Flyer.
She will be consigned at Keeneland by Taylor Made Sales Agency.
River's Prayer also scored in this year's Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT), Great Lady M Stakes, and Irish O'Brien Stakes as well as two stakes in 2006 and one in her juvenile campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA