Camelia Casby’s Law Enforcement is listed as the 4-5 early favorite in the race, the eighth on the card. An undefeated son of Posse, Law Enforcement won the Sept. 3 Aspirant Stakes at Finger Lakes by 7 1/2 lengths in 1:10.09 for the six furlongs. That effort followed his July 20 career debut at Belmont Park, when he broke his maiden in 1:02.53 going 5 1/2 furlongs. Trained by Mark Hennig, he starts from post seven and will be ridden by John Grabowski.
The Malibu Moon filly By the Light will also make a second appearance at Finger Lakes after winning the Sept. 3 Lady Finger Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for trainer Richard Dutrow and Jay Em Ess Stable. Her six-furlong time of 1:11.10 was just one second slower than Law Enforcement’s on the same day. A jockey has yet to be named on By the Light, with Grabowski opting to ride the favorite.
$269,200 New York Breeders’ Futurity (Race 8, 4:19 p.m.), six furlongs, 2-year-olds, dirt
PP, Horse, Odds, Jockey
1. Barossa, 12-1, Jose David Osorio
2. By the Light, 7-2, rider TBA
3. Mr. Destiny, 10-1 Robert Messina
4. Canadian Ballet, 6-1, John Davilla, Jr.
5. Thunder Buddy, 8-1, Jeremias Flores
6. Diamond District, 30-1, Dean Joseph Frates
7. Law Enforcement, 4-5, John Grabowski
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004