The bay filly, already named Horse Creek, was consigned by McFadden Farm as agent for Joe Adcock and Neal McFadden and was purchased by Bradley Zaunbercher and Eric Thomas.
Out of the Broad Brush mare Young Brodie, the filly is a half-sister to Jiggs Coz, by Cozzene, who this year has won the Plate Trial Stakes and Queenston Stakes in Canada.
At the auction, 97 yearlings were sold for $602,900, an average of $6,215. The median was $3,500. Another 36 lots, 24.8%, were listed as bought back.
The second-highest price, $31,000, was paid for a Valid Bidder colt out of one of Louisiana's prized runners and now broodmare, Hallowed Dreams. She won 25 of 30 starts and 17 stakes races. Consigned by Lloyd Romero and Johnny Gaspared, the colt was bought by Riceland Racing Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks