Amerman is a former chairman and CEO of Mattel and owns Peacefield Farm in Temecula, Calif. He is an officer and trustee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, a trustee of Breeders’ Cup Ltd., and also serves on the boards of the California Horse Racing Board, Winners Foundation and Tranquility Farm.
Highet is a partner at the private equity firm Court Square Capital and has assisted The Jockey Club in several initiatives in recent years. Highet is a Thoroughbred owner who races in partnership under the name Tic Stable.
Amerman and Highet became members of The Jockey Club in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55