A total of 73 horses were sold for $523,600, a 23.1% decline over the $680,500 realized a year ago when 70 horses were sold. The average of $7,173 and median of $4,500 were declines of 26.2% and 15.9% from last year’s auction, while the number of horses not sold improved 14.3% to 54.
The sale-topper, named I Got Things to Do, is the seventh foal out of the unraced Clever Trick mare Flying Nightengale, who has produced the stakes-winning filly Fly To Me. Purchased from the consignment Saratoga Glen Farm, agent, the colt was bred in New York by Jennifer Contessa.
Similar connections were also involved in one of two colts sold for $30,000. Mahan was listed as buyer of a an unnamed Double Honor colt out of the Mining mare Mine Amint, which was also in the consignment of Saratoga Glen Farm, agent, and bred in New York by Contessa. The colt is the sixth foal out of Mine Amint, who has produced three winners.
Also selling for $30,000 was an unnamed Yonaguska colt out of the Time for a Change mare Sweet Elyse. Acquired out of the consignment of Rhapsody Farm Bloodstock, agent, Gainesway Bloodstock Service was the winning bidder. The colt was bred in New York by Nicole Welsh, and is the eighth foal out of Sweet Elyse, who has produced three winners.
The top-priced filly sold for $20,000 to Joseph Aquilino, agent, out of the Coronach Farm consignment. Named Jilly Jump Up and bred in New York by Coronach Farm, the daughter of Chief Seattle is the sixth foal out of the Black Tie Affair mare Love Spiel. The dam, who won three times in 10 starts on the track, has produced two winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru