Third and second in maiden events at Hollywood Park, Georgie Boy rallied on the outside turning into the stretch to win by three lengths in 1:06.67 for the 5 1/2 furlongs over Polytrack.
Because there were some bumping at the top of the stretch, the stewards inquired into the running of the race, but ruled that the winner was not the cause. The original result stood.
My Redeemer, an 18-1 outsider under Isaias Enriquez, closed strongly to be second, 2 1/4 lengths in front of Mix, with Kris the Red fourth in the field of eleven juveniles. Deputy Bertrando and Run Brother Ron, the 7-5 favored entry, finished seventh and last, respectively.
Georgie Boy, a son of Tribal Rule owned and bred by George Schwary and trained by Kathy Walsh, returned $9.20, $5.60 and $4.80 while earning $84,030.
My Redeemer paid $15.80 and $9.20 and Mix paid $9 to show.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%