John Messara was elected president of the Thoroughbred Breeders Australia during a meeting of its board July 20.
Messara is also the chairman of Aushorse and sits on the Australian Pattern Committee.
The election took place after the announcement that Aushorse had become a member of the TBA and that Messara and Ken Barry had been appointed as directors on the TBA board.
Trevor Lobb (TBNSW) was re-elected vice president and Sally Oakes (TBWA) was re-elected treasurer.
“This development will result in Australian breeders having one powerful voice, which I believe will allow our industry to progress," Messara said in a statement.
The TBA was established in 1919, and is the federal body of the Thoroughbred breeding associations in each state. The TBA board of directors consists of two representatives from each state association, including Aushorse.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online