Ward Stables' 2-year-old Yankee Victor filly overcame a slow start under jockey Carlos Gonzalez.
The 43-year-old Calhoun, a native of Grand Prairie, Texas, is currently leading the Lone Star Park trainer standings by one victory over perennial champion Steve Rasmussen, 50-49, with three weeks remaining.
Calhoun received his training license at Louisiana Downs in 1993 and saddled his first winner, Ramjet, in 1994 at the now defunct Trinity Meadows. He has 42 stakes wins going into the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win