Nominations close June 1 for Del Mar’s two premier stakes for 2-year-olds – the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
The championship events will be renewed for 2007 on Sept. 3 (Debutante) and Sept. 5 (Futurity).
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com, under the “Horsemen” section.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
The Futurity, which had been a grade I stakes from 1984 to 1989, returned to that level this year after being offered as a grade II event since 1990.
Last year Zayat Stables’ Point Ashley captured the Debutante and Ray and Martha Parfet’s Horse Greeley won the Futurity.
Del Mar’s 43-day season runs from July 18 to Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA