A native of Venezuela, Dominguez came to the United States in 1995 and began riding at Hialeah in ’96. He moved to Delaware Park in ‘98 and quickly established himself as a competitive rider. In 2003, he began a streak of leading rider titles at Delaware that continues to this day. He has also led the standings at Pimlico Race Course, led the national standings in 2001 and 2003, and in 2006 he won 385 races to rank second in the nation only to then-apprentice Julien Leparoux.
In 2004 Dominguez scored his first and only Breeders’ Cup victory thus far with John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Better Talk Now, and in 2006 he finished second to Barbaro aboard Todd Pletcher-trainee Bluegrass Cat in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
With wife Sharon and sons Alexander and Matthew, the 30-year-old jockey splits his time between Delaware, Florida, and New York. He is represented by agent Steve Rushing.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff