As of 8:09 p.m. ET on May 3, weather.com was forecasting a 60% chance of showers or thundershowers on both Friday and Saturday with highs projected to be in the upper 70s. The low should be 62-63 degrees. Winds of 10-15 mph are expected Friday, when thundershowers producing one quarter-inch of rain are expected.
Rain Thursday left the Churchill Downs track in sloppy condition throughout the afternoon. It was 62 degrees and cloudy as of 9:45 p.m. ET in Louisville, with humidity at 95%.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident