Maryland Million announced that the purse for the Maryland Million Classic will increase to $300,000. In addition the purses for both the Maryland Million Ladies and the Maryland Million Turf will grow to $200,000.
“Our goal continues to be to offer the richest sire-stakes program in the country to eligible Maryland-sired horses,” said Wayne Harrison, president of Maryland Million. “With these purse increases we intend to make Maryland Million Day attractive to all of those owners and breeders who breed their mares in Maryland.”
The total purses for Maryland Million Day, on Oct. 13 at Laurel Park, will exceed $1.7 million. In addition to Maryland Million Day the program now includes purse premiums on open stakes throughout the racing season, restricted stakes races on Preakness Day and De Francis Dash Day, and three stakes on Spring Festival at Pimlico on April 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity