“I got to speak to Laffit Pincay and he offered his congratulations,” an elated Crispin said afterward. “Getting to speak to him and having him say such kind words, I’ll tell ya', that’s the pinnacle right there. I have been on cloud nine all afternoon.”
Jockey Joe Crispin earned his milestone win when he guided home Piracy to an 8 3/4-length victory at Portland.
Crispin, who broke Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens’ Portland Meadows single-season record for Thoroughbred wins on March 12, has enjoyed the best year of his career.
Crispin leads the riders in both categories at Portland Meadows with 137 Thoroughbred wins and 24 Quarter Horse victories.
Overall in Crispin’s career he has 1,279 victories from 6,671 mounts, winning at 19% with nearly $3.8 million in earnings. Of those, 736 came at Portland Meadows.
Aboard Thoroughbreds he has won a total of 1,001 races (612 at Portland Meadows) from 5,329 mounts, winning at a rate of 18% with $2,992,942 in earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win