A six-furlong dash for 4-year-olds and up, the Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint is the third race on a nine-race program that begins at 12:45 p.m.
Trained by Greg Gilchrist and owned by Harry J. Aleo of San Francisco, Smokey Stover is a consistent 4-year-old gelding with five wins and four seconds in nine career starts. Smokey Stover is coming off a powerful 3 1/4-length victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Sprint at Santa Anita on Jan. 27, a win that elevated him to the top of the sprint division.
Southern California rider Aaron Gryder, who was aboard the the Florida-bred son of Put It Back in the Sunshine Millions, has the return call. Smokey Stover carries high weight of 123 pounds.
Areyoutalkintome, a tough 6-year-old gelding trained by Doug O'Neill, has finished in the money in 31 of his 43 starts and sports an impressive bankroll of $901,010.
Trickey Trevor, who hails from the barn of leading Bay Area conditioner Jerry Hollendorfer, is a multiple stakes-winner of $631,066.
Britt's Jules, claimed three races ago for $25,000 by trainer William E. Morey, is a 6-year-old gelding who has nine wins in 38 starts and $414,598 in earnings.
$100,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. III, Race 3, 1:45 p.m.), 4 & Up, 6 Furlongs
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Britt's Jules (FL), 114, Kyle Kaenel
2. Areyoutalkintome (CA), 116, Russell A. Baze
3. Trickey Trevor (FL), 115, Dennis Carr
4. Smokey Stover (FL), 123, Aaron T. Gryder
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund