Trainer Brian Pitnick has been fined $3,000 by Bay Meadows stewards for rule violations after a horse under his care, Theycallme Mr. Tim, exceeded the regulatory threshold of 37 millimeters for total carbon dioxide, the California Horse Racing Board reported March 7.
Theycallme Mr. Tim finished fourth in the 10th race at San Mateo County Fair on Aug. 20, 2006.
Under the stipulated agreement, Pitnick was placed on one year's probation with the fine stayed provided there are no further Class 1, 2 or 3 violations. A TCO2 infraction is a class 3. The stewards disqualified Theycallme Mr. Tim and ordered a redistribution of the purse.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards