Presti rode his first race in 1957 and his first winner came at Delaware Park in the summer of 1958. He continued as a jockey until 1972. At one point, he was not only riding horses but also took out his trainer's license during the same period.
Presti retired in 1998, having spent his last 12 years training at Philadelphia Park.
He is survived by his wife, Christine, and children Christopher, Carol, Rosemarie, and Robert.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru