C.P. (Mac) McBride has been named Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's director of media.
McBride, who has been a member of the DMTC media staff at the seaside racecourse since 1981, will remain the track's year-round presence for media contacts and direction. He also will continue his longstanding association with Del Mar's Dan Smith, who is employed primarily during the track's summer racing season. Smith will assume the new role of senior media supervisor.
"Mac is a natural fit in his new assignment and we'll get to keep Dan and all his years of wisdom and experience around besides," said DMTC president and general manager Joe Harper. "Between the two of them, I think we have a great one-two media punch."
McBride has been in the racing industry since 1971, including stints with The Morning Telegraph and Daily Racing Form. A native of the New York/New Jersey area, he previously worked as a newspaper man, freelance writer and editor after graduating from Loyola University in New Orleans and serving a tour as an officer in the Marine Corps. He and his wife, Mary, have been married since 1974 and have lived in San Diego since 1977, where they raised two sons.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return