The Pick 6, a wager popular on each coast, gained popularity in the Midwest last fall with a pair of large carryovers during the Hawthorne meet. The takeout was previously set at 25%. A consolation payout for 5 of 6 winners will also be added when a perfect ticket is hit.
“By making these changes, we estimate that it will take much less time for the pool to grow to $100,000,” said John Walsh, Hawthorne’s director of simulcasting. “Additionally, for those who play often, we wanted to rewarded our players when they hit on 5 of 6, even when a perfect ticket is hit.”
Live racing at Hawthorne runs Feb. 23 through April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity